Join us to celebrate the accomplishments of
our local businesses leading sustainability in Louisiana!
5th Annual Green Games Awards Gala
Thursday May 12th from 7-10pm
Eiffel Society, New Orleans
Academy awards-style program, comedic host, local fare,
silent auction, and live music from Tank and the Bangas.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Meryl Dakin email@example.com, 985-710-1830
Jessica Nehrbass firstname.lastname@example.org, 504-909-2489
Local businesses compete for the 2016 Green Games Awards, celebration at Eiffel Society
The Green Games Awards Gala is New Orleans’ sustainability event of the year. On May 12th, 2016, our city’s business leaders will take over Eiffel Society for a glamourous academy awards-like program to honor awardees, network, and enjoy live entertainment.
In the last five years, LifeCity has presented over 100 awards for sustainable achievements and leadership empowering changemakers to take on the next steps in their sustainability missions. At the forefront of social innovation, the Green Games Awards Gala celebrates the progress local businesses have made in sustainability; inspiring other New Orleans’ industries to do the same as sustainability becomes the “norm” and not the exception for business success.
This year, over 150 businesses will compete for Sustainability Achievement awards in Greater New Orleans. Business leaders in seven categories will take home honors such as “Sustainability Leadership,” “Most Improved,” and “People’s Choice.”
- WHO: LifeCity, LLC will host New Orleans’ Sustainability Event of the Year in partnership with the New Orleans Chamber of Commerce, the Greater New Orleans Foundation, Biz New Orleans, Stay Local, Natural Awakenings Magazine, and the City of New Orleans Resilience Office.
- WHAT: The Fifth Annual Green Games Awards Gala: an academy awards-style gala for sustainable businesses in New Orleans. Live entertainment featuring Tank & the Bangas and local comedians, silent auction, local food, and revealing the winners of the 2016 Green Games awards.
- WHERE: The Eiffel Society, 2040 St. Charles Ave, New Orleans, LA.
- WHEN: Thursday, May 12th, 7-10pm
- WHY: This Fifth Annual Awards Gala is a celebration of the social innovation that New Orleans is a leader in. It brings awareness to the organizations who are operating in a sustainable, community-minded way, and celebrates them for being pioneers of the movement in our region.
Thank you to our generous sponsors: Antares Technology Solutions, AMCREF Community Capital, Cox Communications, Empire Services, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses, Phyllis M. Taylor Center for Social Innovation and Design Thinking at Tulane University, Postlethwaite & Netterville, The Vivelan Group, and Valero Energy Foundation.
With their support, the Fifth Annual Green Games promises to be an unforgettable evening filled with live entertainment, delicious local food, a silent auction, and most importantly, a celebration of the local business leaders in our community who have made great strides to build a more sustainable New Orleans. Tickets can be found on the Green Games page of the LifeCity Website: http://mylifecity.com/greengames5. Early bird discounts available before April 15th, 2016.
LifeCity is a membership-based organization that makes social and environmental impact profitable for businesses. LifeCity is always adding new businesses to our membership. If you are a business, manufacturer, or technical assistance provider interested in learning more about how you can implement sustainability and save money call (504) 909-2489 or email email@example.com.